Thu, 07 Mar|
Radison Blu Hotel Durham
School Staffing Structure Review & Redundancy Training
Clennell Education Solutions (CES) and debbiejuddhr (djhr) are delighted to be working in partnership to offer the following training event for school leaders, school business managers, school HR staff and other professionals.
Time & Location
07 Mar 2024, 13:00 – 16:00
Radison Blu Hotel Durham , Frankland Ln, Durham DH1 5TA, UK
About the Event
Cost: The course will cost £100 per delegate for CES clients who have a membership package at Enhanced Level and for those who have a contract with djhr.
For CES clients with Core level packages, the cost will be £150 per delegate, and for non-members, £200 per delegate.
Effectively managing organisation change, budget difficulties, staffing restructures and potential staff redundancy is an ongoing requirement of the role of a senior leader.
Aimed at school leaders with line management responsibility at all levels, this session will equip delegates to have the confidence to effectively manage both the informal and formal staffing structure review procedure, with and without redundancy(ies).
From initially identifying the need for organisational change and a potential staffing structure review through to implementing formal redundancies through a dismissal processes, we will provide practical examples and interactive training tasks to guide delegates through legislation, procedure and best practice.
The session will cover:
- Best practice procedures and processes to effectively undertake and implement staffing reviews and redundancy procedures
- The legal definition of redundancy and how this applies
- Statutory obligations under redundancy legislation
- Steps which should be taken to avoid the need for redundancies
- The key steps of a redundancy procedure and how to follow these
- Actions taken to mitigate redundancies, including management of voluntary requests and seeking suitable alternative employment
- The importance of a robust business case and what should be included in this
- How to calculate redundancy payments
- Consulting informally and formally with recognised unions and employees
- How to manage staff on maternity, sickness absence and other types of leave during a redundancy process
- Termination of employment on the grounds of redundancy
The course will be facilitated by trainers from both djhr and CES who bring a breadth of experience managing human resource casework in school and education settings.
All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance following the courses.
Bespoke sessions and training in other areas of HR practice are available on request.
- Ticket type
School staffing structure
Please note that you will be charged for any none attendance on the day unless the space is cancelled 48 hours previous.Price£0.00