Tue, 19 Mar|
Redworth Hall Hotel
Effective Sickness Management Training
Clennell Education Solutions and debbiejuddhr are delighted to be working in partnership to offer the following training event for school leaders, school business managers, school HR staff and other professionals.
Time & Location
19 Mar 2024, 09:30 – 12:30
Redworth Hall Hotel, Surtees Rd, Newton Aycliffe DL5 6NL, UK
About the Event
Cost: The course will cost £100 per delegate for CES clients who have a membership package at Enhanced Level and for those who have a contract with Debbie Judd HR
For CES clients with Core level packages, the cost will be £150 per delegate, and for non-members, £200 per delegate.
Regular staff attendance is paramount to an organisation’s operational effectiveness. High levels of sickness absence can have a detrimental impact not only on school budgets, but also on students and other staff.
Aimed at school leaders with line management responsibility at all levels, this session will equip delegates to have the confidence to effectively manage both frequent short-term and long-term absences.
From early intervention in both short and long term sickness absence through the return to work and dismissal processes, we will provide practical examples and interactive case studies to guide delegates through legislation, procedure and best practice.
The session will cover:
· Reporting absence and early intervention
· Using trigger points, indicators and tools to identify absence trends
· Self-certification and fit notes
· Effective use of return to work meetings
· Use of Occupational Health services and other employee wellbeing interventions
· How to manage persistent or frequent short-term absences
· How to manage long term absences including chronic long-term absences, and disabilities
· Implementing and managing a phased return to work
· Relevant legislation and best practice including what constitutes a ‘reasonable adjustment’ under the Equality Act 2010 and access to medical records
· Effective use of sickness absence/attendance review meetings
· Strategies to consider when attendance does not improve or there is no prospect of a return to work in the foreseeable future
· Medical redeployment and ill health retirement
· How to manage termination of employment on the grounds of capability due to ill health
The course will be facilitated by trainers from both debbiejuddhr and Clennell Education Solutions who bring a breadth of experience managing human resource casework in school and education settings.
All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance following the courses.
Enhanced / debbiejuddhr client - £100pp
Core - £150pp
Non - SLA - £200pp
- Ticket type
Please note that you will be charged for any non attendance on the day unless the space is cancelled 48 hours previous.Price£0.00