Thu, 17 Mar|
Newburn Activity Centre
Accredited 1-day De-escalation and Physical Intervention programme
This is an accredited 1-day programme which comprehensively covers all aspects of dealing with serious incidents in schools. The training is designed to support staff members in dealing with low level behaviour through to high risk behaviour.
Time & Location
17 Mar, 09:30 – 16:00
Newburn Activity Centre, Grange Rd, Newburn, Newcastle upon Tyne NE15 8ND, UK
About the Event
This is an accredited 1-day programme which comprehensively covers all aspects of dealing with serious incidents in schools. The training is designed to support staff members in dealing with low level behaviour through to high risk behaviour. Strategies and safe holding techniques are displayed to support safety for all involved. The programme is delivered in 4 modules – The Law, De-escalation, Physical Holding and Recording, Reflection and Planning.
By the end of the training participants will be aware of:
● The law, legal responsibility and DfE guidance on the use of reasonable force
● Physical intervention guidance
● Safety aspects of physical intervention
● Approach to dealing with serious incidents
● Techniques to support a reduction in incidents of physical intervention
● Self-control and positive approach
● De-escalation strategies to support serious incidents
● Appropriate recording methods
● Reflection and planning for serious incidents
● Roles and responsibility
Enhanced - Free
Core - 1 Free place (£60pp additional Place)
Non SLA - £100pp
De-escalation & Physical Int.
Please note that you will be charged for any none attendance on the day unless the space is cancelled 48 hours previous.